Monday, March 21, 2011

Wild Greens

Westfield NJ, my hometown, is known for its downtown area full of shops and restaurants. Since I have lived in Westfield for most of my life I usually know exactly where to eat. Over break I drove through town and saw that a new restaurant named Wild Greens had been put in. I love to eat healthy so a fresh healthy salad sounded like the perfect dinner. I called one of my friends and we went to try it out. 
Unfortunately, it was not the new hot spot I thought it would be. The restaurant from first glance did have a lot of really great aspects. The salad bar was big and looked decently fresh, the menu was full of choices including a "create your own" option, and they tossed together your salad in a big bowl evenly distributing all the toppings and dressing before packing it up. So far it sounds like the perfect salad establishment right?
The real disappointment came when I took my first couple of bites. I was expecting it to be rich in flavor and every bite to be full of toppings and dressing. Instead all I could taste was bland. My salad consisted of apple slices, pecans, raisins, and crumbled blue cheese. However, I tasted none of that. The slices of apple and pecans were sooo small, I missed the taste and texture of them both. In the end I didn't even feel compelled to finish my meal. Instead I went home and ate cold leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment