Monday, March 21, 2011

The Brick Oven

It's Spring Break, eating pizza two times a week is allowed! This time however, I ventured away from ordering a slice at the counter, to ordering a personal pie from a nice restaurant. This restaurant was The Brick Oven in Westfield, NJ. The Brick Oven has been around for as long as I can remember, but this was actually my first time ever going there.
Originally I planned on ordering a pizza along with a nice Italian meat or pasta dish. However, that was right before my friend pointed out where the menu said, "We only honor American Express" since neither of us had American Express cards or a lot of cash, ordering one of the fancy entrees was out of the question. Instead, we opted for two different personal pies that we would share. We went for the White Pie and the Margarita Pie.
The pizza was out of this world good! Like the name of the restaurant implies, the pizza was hand made and cooked in a brick oven.The crust was super thin and crunchy and the cheese was cooked to perfection. One of the greatest aspects of this pizza was the lack of oil. Not once did I feel the need to dab my slice with a napkin, or let the the oil trip off the tip. We scarfed down both pies easily and didn't feel gross afterward.
Another great aspect of this establishment was the atmosphere. They have the brick oven in open site so you can watch your pie being tossed in the air and pulled fresh out of the oven. Seeing the freshly made pie made you feel that much better about what you were eating. The service at The Brick Oven was also fantastic, everyone was extremely polite and friendly, it really made me feel like I was eating somewhere special rather then a generic restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment